Monday, July 15, 2013

July 14th

Today is our last day in Desolation Sound for a few days. It was another great day in the mid 70's. I did something to my back/sciatica yesterday & have barely been able to get up & down from sitting & going up & down the stairs. Dr. Rod put me on 2 Aleves every 4 hrs. & it seems to be helping. I'm hoping this is gone before the grandkids get here! (How can you not pick up your grandkids???)

Rod took everything out of our kayaks & took them to shore tonight when the tide came up so we don't have to put them back on the boat since we'll be back soon. Kippers will keep an eye on them for us. We'll put the dinghy up after we unraft tomorrow.

Lois came over this afternoon & I began my catch up viewing of Downton Abbey. I'm hooked after the 1st 2 episodes of Season One. Not sure why I didn't watch it with Rod. Lois watched it with me altho she's already a fan but hadn't seen the 1st episode.

We leave for Campbell River around 11:00 tomorrow. We'll reprovision while we're there - we're out of veggies, fruit, milk & a few other things. Hadn't factored in the potlucking for 10 days & this way we'll have fresh things when the family arrives for 8 days on Thursday. Our 2 batteries will be replaced in the morning on Tues. Then off to the SYC outstation on Cortez.

Dinner tonight: steamed clams & smoked salmon for appetizers then cole slaw, greek salad & corn bread for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment